Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Cedele - Where Health Reigns

Whenever I hear the name Cedele, I immediately associate it with high tea - perhaps because I was used to hearing praises sung about their carrot cake, and because each time I walked past their outlets, the first thing I noticed was rows upon rows of pastries behind glass counters.

This image upgraded to a more impressive one when I finally set foot in it.

Set up in 1997, Cedele is recognized for its trademark fresh and zero trans-fat meals; only the best ingredients go into the preparation of the food.





A quick glimpse at their menu, showcasing lots of yummy selections.




When I saw the Cinnamon Chocolate Addiction ($6.00), I knew I'd found love. The drink combines velvety chocolate with lashings of cinnamon, and the end result is a pleasing concoction tinged with the spice's subtle bitterness. The recurring gripe I had was its lackluster warmth...honestly, what's up with hot chocolate not being, well, hot?




The Rosemary Sea Salt Chicken ($23.20) was equally spectacular in both appearance and taste. Grilled to a lovely brown, the chicken was nice and firm and its light saltiness evenly balanced out the sour apple cranberry sauce. The sauce itself evoked memories of freshly picked berries on a summer day, and tucking into the square packages of rosti revealed thin slices of potato - some with a bit of skin - layered beautifully together. A dish fit for a king!




The Lemongrass and Lime Fish Pasta ($17.90) was recommended by my cousin. I liked the fish, which had a fine, delicate texture. She also swears by their risotto, having tried three out of the four varieties on the menu.




We finished off with the Red Velvet Cake ($8.80), frosted with vanilla icing. The cake was moist and sufficiently sweet without being too intruding, and I detected what seemed like a hint of lemon. The frosting didn't meet my standard though: it had some sort of 'plastic' taste to it. I took to devouring as much of the cake as possible without the icing.



501 Orchard Road
#03-14, Wheelock Place
Singapore 238880

Website: http://www.cedeledepot.com/.


Overall Rating: misc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarkmisc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarkmisc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarkmisc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarklow,rating

No comments:

Post a Comment