Careful touches here and there revealed the more subtle Japanese influence in the form of a painting and a shelf full of cute figurines.
Their teas looked interesting. Hmm...
And their main courses just beckoned to me! I was sorely tempted by the parmesan prawn linguine, mini burger sampler and pork belly don with soft-boiled egg. But lunch was already in my tummy, so I'm saving them for another day.
Dessert was the main motivator in getting my lazy bum here. I really wanted to try their durian creme brulee, but alas, it wasn't available that day :(
The Molten Chocolate Cake with French Vanilla Ice Cream ($11.50) was a close substitute. The cake did not break apart in fluffy bites; instead it felt mashed and 'gluey'. Its filling was more thick than runny, but I still got a thrill from that strong chocolatey kick. And the ice cream tasted mild, which was a welcomed relief when paired with such a sweet partner. I could taste every little pinprick of ice on my tongue.
So cute! Their Mini Pancakes with French Vanilla Ice Cream and Maple Syrup ($10.50) made me squeal in delight. The adorable circles were puffy, floury and suitably browned around the edges, giving them a pleasant flavor. To top it off, they were adequately drizzled with syrup. As the ice cream melted very slowly, I took my time relaxing with this dish.
It's easy to take a shine to Vanilla Bar & Café because of its cheery setting and good food. Doesn't it just call out to you?
Halal Certified: No
3 Boon Tat Street
#01-01
singapore 069612
Website: http://www.vanillacafe.com.sg/
Overall Rating: 












No comments:
Post a Comment