Sunday, 24 August 2014

Envy Coffee [Part I] - Don't Envy Them

Who would have thought that my very first post would be about the cafe located on the same grounds as my office?

Ever since Envy Coffee opened its doors a few months ago, it's been drawing a steady stream of visitors: from office drones - I mean, workers - who pop in for their morning cuppa, to passers-by who seek to satisfy their cravings. It also helps that it was featured in other food blogs and rightly touted as a homely place with friendly staff.

It took me a surprisingly long time to venture inside for food, given that I love cafe-hopping. Before that, I had only tried their coffee (the Matcha Latte is my favourite for its balanced mix of sweetness and green tea flavour, but that's not the main focus of today's post).

With its brightly colored chairs, smooth toffee tables, and inspiring quotes against a lovely green backdrop, Envy Coffee boosts a comfortable, welcoming environment. Cute figurines and salt-and-pepper shakers served as further decorations.




With my usual lunch buddies out of the way, I decided to try the Smoked Duck Miso Spaghetti ($12.90), the cafe's novelty dish. It was served piping hot with a sprinkling of herbs over the duck slices and the noodles nestled in creamy sauce.




The smoked duck was salty, though thankfully it wasn't overpowering. The consistency and amount of the buttery sauce went well with the spaghetti and I couldn't resist soaking it up with the meat. The only drawback would be its price - as it comes without any sides or veggies, it's hard to justify forking out this amount.

Did I mention that you could top up the main course with a drink and soup of the day (additional $3.90)? That not only makes it more filling, but also more worth it. 


I'll be back to try other food items on their menu. For now, I'm sticking with my Matcha Latte.



Nexus@One-North 
#01-04, 1 Fusionopolis Link 
Singapore 138542

Website: http://www.envycoffee.com/


Overall Rating: misc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarkmisc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarkratinglow,ratinglow,rating

No comments:

Post a Comment