Friday, 29 August 2014

Ah Chew Desserts - Life's Short, Eat Dessert First

Today's post will be short and sweet, because it is all about desserts. Hah!

There are no shortage of choices when it comes to Ah Chew Desserts, from traditional yummies like Mango Sago with Pomelo, to goodies given a more modern twist such as Fresh Milk Steam Egg White with Chocolate Cookie. The queue here is quick to form but also quick to disperse, as service is efficiently fast and customers generally do not linger after finishing their bowls.





The Black Glutinous Rice with Vanilla Ice Cream ($3.00) is a clever take on the normally hot dessert. Covered with toasted almond slivers, the sticky chewiness of its grains strongly contrasts with the soft ice cream. I licked my entire bowl clean!




Cold Green Bean Soup with Seaweed ($2.30) sounds weird at first, but I guarantee it's worth trying. Thin strips of seaweed are mixed in with the green beans and sago to give it a cool, refreshing taste.




I also tried the Hot Peanut Paste and Red Bean Soup with Lily Bulb (both at $2.10). While the peanut paste isn't overwhelming rich, it's nothing to shout about. The red bean soup, on the other hand, is delectably flavored with the lily bulb's sweetness.

I have been here many, many times and hope to continue coming here many, many other times!


Halal Certified: No. Then again, all they sell are desserts... 

1 Liang Seah Street
#01-11
Singapore 189022

Website: http://ahchewdesserts.sginfo.mobi/


Overall Rating: misc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarkmisc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarkmisc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarkmisc,rate,rating,star,yellow,favourite,bookmarklow,rating

No comments:

Post a Comment